Is your laptop unable to boot in normal mode? Chances are your bootstrap program, or some other operating system (OS) files are corrupt. Luckily, you can use Lenovo’s safe mode to start your laptop and fix the problem you are facing.
Lenovo safe mode enables you to start your laptop and access your data. However, Lenovo’s safe mode is limited, and your application programs will not run as they do in a normal way. Therefore, back up all your data on an external hard drive and perform a system restore. Choose an appropriate restore point to see whether that solves the issue. Otherwise, you may have to repair your operating system or format your laptop.
There are different ways of starting the Lenovo safe mode. Follow the next steps if your laptop cannot start in normal mode.
Using F8 key
- Restart your laptop.
- Press F8 repeatedly when your computer is restarting until it displays a black screen. It is the advanced boot options screen. You should be able to see such options as:
- Repair your computer
- Safe mode
- Safe mode with networking
- Safe mode with command prompt, etc.
- Select the second option, i.e., Safe mode. Use the up and down arrow keys to navigate the options and hit enter once you reach the safe mode option.
- Windows will start in safe mode. Logon as you do in normal mode. Note that Lenovo safe mode is an option for troubleshooting. As a result, you will have limited access to your application programs and some windows features.
Also, you can read The Best Unblocked Torrentz2 Proxy List & Alternatives
Set Lenovo safe mode through MSConfig
Sometimes your laptop could be booting in normal mode but has issues that need troubleshooting in Lenovo safe mode. There is an easy way of starting a Lenovo safe mode in this case. Do as follows:
- Press the Windows logo key without releasing it, followed by the R key (Windows logo key +R). A dialogue box will pop up.
- Type MSConfig in the dialogue box and hit Ok.
- Click on the Boot tab.
- Look for the Safe Boot option and click (Check) inside the checkbox next to it.
- Click Apply and restart your laptop to launch Lenovo safe mode.
- Remember to disable the Lenovo safe mode option once you are through with it. Navigate to the option, as explained in step 1 through to step 3. Uncheck the Safe mode option by clicking in the checkbox next to it and clicking Apply.
Note: If you don’t disable the Lenovo safe mode option, your laptop will always restart in safe mode.
Run Lenovo safe mode from windows settings
You can also start Lenovo safe mode through windows settings. This is how you do it:
- Press the Windows logo key + I. That should lead you to settings.
- Select Settings followed by Update & security. Then select Recovery.
- Go to Advanced Startup and select Restart now.
- The laptop will restart and display some options.
- Select Troubleshoot, then advanced options.
- Select startup Settings followed by Restart.
- There is a list of options that appears after restarting your laptop.
- Select either F4 or 4. Lenovo’s safe mode will start.
Starting Lenovo safe mode with internet access
You may want to access the internet on your laptop while in Lenovo’s safe mode. When using the F8 key to launch Lenovo safe mode, select the Safe mode with networking option. Should you start it through MSConfig, ensure you select the Network option besides Safe boot under Boot options. If you are using windows settings option, select F5 or 5, instead of F4 or 4 in the last step.
Try any of the three methods we have discussed to start Lenovo’s safe mode on your Lenovo laptop. We are here to help you out should none of the methods work for you, and you are still stuck. Contact our customer support team for help on +44-2080-890420.
Here are a few more topics that you shouldn’t miss:
The Best Unblocked Torrentz2 Proxy List & Alternatives
5 Easy and Simplistic Steps to Access Windows 10 BIOS
Data Protection Issues Around Covid-19 Contact Tracing Apps
Like this post? Don’t forget to share